- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 mushroom, sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced green or red pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
Split English muffin in half and toast both sides; set aside. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Stir eggs, black pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring until egg substitute is set, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce onto muffin halves. Spoon one-quarter of egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with one-quarter of cheese. Spoon remaining egg mixture and cheese on top of muffins. Preheat broiler. Place muffins on a baking sheet; place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling. Or, bake in preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes.
|Prep Time:||4 min|
|Cook Time:||9 min|
|Total Fat:||12 g|
|Saturated fat:||5 g|
|Calcium:||33% of Daily Value|