Dairy Up Close: New Dairy MAX Docu-Series

Only 2% of the population grows the food for the other 98% of us, leaving many of us to wonder how our food is produced, and who is behind it?

June is National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than getting up close to some real dairy farm families? Dairy MAX is launching a new mini-documentary series that follows the lives and stories of five local dairy farm families. The series showcases the real-life challenges dairy farmers face, with an inside look at how they care for their cows and protect the environment. 

If you have never stepped foot on a farm, you might be surprised by how much we all have in common with farmers: 95% of dairy farms are family-owned. They use innovative technology and sustainability practices to be more efficient – it’s better for the planet and helps ensure they can pass the farm on to the next generation. Since 2007, dairy farmers have reduced their carbon footprint by 19% and are committed to continued improvement. Plus, dairy provides more than 50% of the calcium and vitamin D in American diets, all for only 2% of the total U.S. carbon footprint.

In the docu-series, you will see parents, children, grandchildren and employees (who are also like family) working together to provide safe and nutritious food for their communities. From Central and East Texas to the plains of the Panhandle and Eastern New Mexico, these dairy farm families are all a little different. But what they have in common are the values of family, hard work and caring for their cows.  

Follow along with these families to learn more about their legacy of farming at DairyUpClose.com

By Jordan Manning

Jordan grew up in the cattle industry and uses her love of agriculture every day to help people understand more about their food. She previously worked at the Texas Beef Council. When she's not working, Jordan enjoys cheering for the Aggies. Learn more about Jordan

Get Content Like This in Your Inbox.