Milk Your Competitive Edge
Sports take a lot out of our bodies.
Not just in burning calories, but in sweating and using up electrolytes and breaking down our muscles. The right fuel restores your body to help you push even harder during your next workout.
Dairy: Natural. Inexpensive. Packed With Sports-Loving Nutrients.
With its high-quality protein and electrolytes, you should be getting at least three servings of dairy every day. From cheese to yogurt, to the occasional ice cream cone, it’s easy to find something you love.
Top Two Dairy Foods for Athletes
- Chocolate Milk helps you:
- Rehydrate with natural electrolytes and 90% water content;
- Repair muscles with 8 grams of high-quality protein per glass; and
- Replenish energy with the “golden ratio” of carbs to protein thanks to the small amount of added sugar. See the research.
- Whey Protein is one of the types of protein found in dairy (i.e, the white liquid in your cottage cheese or on top of your yogurt). You can also buy it in a handy powder to add to shakes and smoothies. Whey is a high-quality, complete protein, with all the essential amino acids your body needs. It’s easy to digest and has been shown to help build more lean muscle and potentially lead to slimmer waists than soy. Learn more about whey
Watch more from our sports dietitians