Yogurt can be found in a variety of dishes and is enjoyed by cultures all over the world. Why? Yogurt is delicious, versatile, packed with nutrients, and has many health benefits. It’s even easy to make. Trying to eat healthier? Greek yogurt makes a nutrient-rich substitute for higher-fat ingredients and is packed with high-quality protein to help fuel you for all of the summer activities.
Here are some creative tips and tricks to incorporate yogurt into your diet that are quick, easy, and delicious:
· Mix It. Use plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise in tuna, chicken, or potato salads. Try making a Greek yogurt dressing or creamy tomato sauce.
· Bake It. For moist baked goodies, swap 1 cup of oil for ¾ cups of Greek yogurt when baking – this helps to reduce the fat and add calcium.
· Freeze It. Freezing yogurt cubes overnight makes morning smoothies even easier. Try one of these easy smoothie recipes.
My family loves all types of yogurt; Greek, traditional even drinkable! And trying out new recipes to incorporate yogurt is always fun. My two teenagers love being involved in the kitchen! Check out one of our favorite yogurt recipes below to experience a great summer treat.
RASPBERRY ORANGE FROZEN YOGURT BARK
For this recipe, you’ll need:
· 1 (32-ounce) container vanilla Greek yogurt
· 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed, slightly crushed
· zest of one small orange
· ½ cup chopped pistachios
· ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or ¼ cup shaved chocolate
First, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, spoon the yogurt onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Lastly, scatter remaining ingredients on top.
Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until completely frozen. Before serving, break or cut the bark into pieces. This yummy treat is a crowd pleaser with the added health benefits of yogurt. And the possibilities of swapping out the fruit and nuts are endless. Find more creative ways to use yogurt. Add our popular Salad in a Jar to your summer picnic plan!