- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded, chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 French baguette, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Swiss or Fontina, shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅓ cup Marcona almonds, chopped
- Fresh cracked pepper
Protein: 12 g
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Calcium: 12% DV
Sodium: 511 mg
Mix tapenade ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
Mix the cheeses, thyme, almonds and pepper together. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Toast the baguette slices on a baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, turning slices once. When crostini is browned, remove from oven.
Turn the oven to broil. Spread the cheese mixture on top of the bread, return to oven with door slightly open and toast just until cheese melts. Remove from oven and top with tapenade.
Nutrition information calculated with non-fat cream cheese