- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2½ cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14.4-ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables with peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped New Mexico green chiles
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
Cook bacon until crisp; drain. Cool and crumble; set aside. Brown ground beef in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Drain, remove from skillet and set aside.
In the same pan, fry hash browns, adding a little oil if needed. Cook 3-5 minutes or until brown, stirring constantly. Add corn and vegetable mixture; stir until heated through. Add cooked ground beef, chiles, barbecue sauce, cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon on top. Arrange biscuits over top of casserole. Bake at 350°F 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and bottoms are no longer doughy.
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Total Fat:||27 g|
|Saturated fat:||9 g|