Cornflake Crusted Cheesy Chicken Tenders
¾ cup all-purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1½ cups cornflakes or any unsweetened crunchy cereal, crushed
¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 pound chicken tender strips or chicken breasts, cut into strips (approximately 8 tenders)
Nonstick cooking spray
Protein: 37 g
Carbohydrate: 26 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg
Calcium: 17% DV
Sodium: 248 mg
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F. In a small bowl, combine the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a second bowl, make an egg wash by beating together the eggs and milk. In a third bowl, combine cornflakes and cheese.
- Coat a lined baking pan with cooking spray. Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg wash, then roll in the cornflake mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken. Place coated chicken pieces onto the baking pan. Discard any remaining dipping ingredients.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, if desired.
- This chicken reheats well in the oven and is great as the protein in a salad!
- Try it with ranch dressing mixed with plain Greek yogurt and a drizzle of hot sauce, ketchup or barbeque sauce.
Substitute crunchy breadcrumbs mixed with ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper for a zippy alternative!