Fiesta Stuffed Baked Potato
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Sea salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, optional
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼-½ cup of your favorite salsa
Protein: 16 g
Carbohydrate: 32 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Calcium: 28% DV
Sodium: 840 mg
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F. Under cold running water, scrub potatoes.
- Dry the potatoes, pierce with a fork, rub with oil and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Place directly on the oven rack and bake 60 to 75 minutes or until slightly soft and golden.
- Slice in half lengthwise; open and fluff the potato with a fork.
- Layer each potato with butter, ¼ cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup cheddar cheese and 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa.
To cook the potatoes in a slow cooker, scrub potatoes, rinse and dry. Pierce with a fork and wrap each potato in foil. Place in a slow cooker on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 ½ to 5 hours.
A super quick meal to use up leftovers! Try topping with pulled pork, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce; steamed broccoli and cheddar; salsa and a fried egg; guacamole, salsa and cheddar; lean taco meat and cheddar; or mix your favorite hot sauce into plain Greek yogurt.