Luau Time Pizza
- 3 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 cups shredded or chopped pork
- 3 cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Fresh cilantro
Basic Italian Pizza Dough*
- 3 ¼ cups unbleached bread flour, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon dark or medium rye flour
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (about 2 ½ teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½-2 cups warm water, 105-110 F
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- Olive oil, or another neutral flavored oil, such as canola oil
Luau Time Pizza
Preheat oven to 425 F. Roll out pizza dough to 12 inches; place on a baking sheet sprinkled with a small amount of cornmeal. Generously spread pizza sauce on dough.
Top dough with cheese, pork, pineapple and red onion. Drizzle with BBQ sauce.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Basic Italian Pizza Dough
- Mix the flours, yeast and salt in a food processor fitted with a dough blade or a standing mixer with a dough hook.
- Combine the water and honey. While the mixer is running, gradually add the water mixture; beat until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and add the ball of dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; place in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes prior to forming the pizza crusts.
Makes two pizzas.
*Tips and Tricks:
The dough can be made 24 hours prior to cooking, kept refrigerated.
Save the second ball for later by freezing. Place the dough in a gallon size plastic bag sprayed with cooking spray and place in the freezer. Use within 2-3 months. When ready to use, let the dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Ensure pizza dough is at room temperature for ease in forming the pizza crust.
Recipe Created by: Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC – Owner 5280 Culinary Spices. Pizza dough recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
|Prep Time:||80 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Total Fat:||12 g|
|Saturated fat:||4 g|