Pear and Chicken Flatbread
- 1 package fresh naan, whole wheat or garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 2 Bartlett or Anjou pears, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked chicken, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded three-cheese blend (with low-fat mozzarella)
- ¼ cup crumbled smoked blue cheese (regular blue cheese may also be used)
Protein: 17 g
Carbohydrate: 97 g
Fiber: 4 g
Total Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Calcium: 10% DV
Sodium: 177 mg
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil and herbes de Provence in a small bowl.
- Place two naan, flat-side down, on a baking sheet. Brush or spoon on olive oil mixture.
- Layer pears, tomatoes and chicken on top of each naan; top with cheeses.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Cut into slices and serve.
Tips + Tricks:
Created by Jason K. Morse, CEC, formerly executive chef for Douglas County School District. He says naan pizzas are a great way “to expose the students to some different taste profiles.” One of those is smoked blue cheese, and Morse is quick to point out, “The kids love it.”
- Find three- or five-cheese blend in the dairy case. Be sure it contains mozzarella for this recipe.
- Find herbes de Provence in the spice section.