Southwest Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices Pepperjack or Chipotle Cheddar cheese
- 2 Anaheim or Poblano chiles, roasted and peeled
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Protein: 21 g
Carbohydrate: 45 g
Fiber: 3 g
Total Fat: 26 g
Saturated fat: 13 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Calcium: 32% DV
Sodium: 504 mg
Assemble sandwiches by starting with one slice of cheese on each of 4 pieces of bread. Top with one-fourth of chile, bacon, tomatoes and cilantro. Top with remaining cheese and the second slice of bread. Lightly spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
Grill in a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes each side.
Note: Havarti cheese with jalapeno may be used as an alternative. Canned whole green chiles may be substituted, if necessary.