Fall has arrived and the cooler temperatures make for perfect movie nights at the drive-in theater. And what’s more comforting than watching a movie from your car? Kicking your feet up with your favorite foods. Skip the concession stand and pack some of these delicious, protein-rich make-ahead snacks, so you can just drive in, snuggle up with a blanket and enjoy the show.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Check out this pro tip for preventing the sandwiches from getting soggy when you don’t eat them immediately or try these Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups – a fun twist on a family favorite!
- Monterey Jack Tuiles – Just as crispy and satisfying as popcorn, these cheese tuiles can stand alone or be enjoyed with pico de gallo and avocado.
- Fruit Skewers With Yogurt Dip – A win-win: getting dessert-like sweetness from the fruit and a nutrient-rich punch from the yogurt.
- Macaroni and Cheese – What’s better than popcorn at a movie? A heaping spoonful of cheesy deliciousness! Prepare in advance and pack the mac and cheese in a thermos while it’s still hot so you can enjoy it as though it’s fresh from the stovetop. Don’t have a thermos? Try these Mac and Cheese Casserole Cups for easy packing and snacking!
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Sip something warm, sweet and a little spicy on a cool night to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Who said the snacks can’t be as memorable as the moo-vie? If nights at the drive-in theater are going to be your staple activity for fall, try some of our other #DairyAmazing snack ideas and recipes.