Sunday, December 16, 2018
This Christmas Eve, children will set out a tall glass of milk and their favorite holiday cookies in anticipation of the long-awaited visit from Santa Claus. And while the history of this tradition has few cookie crumbs to trace back to the origin, it’s clear that American children love this beloved custom just as much as they love opening gifts from the white-bearded, red-suited, jolly fellow himself.
This holiday season, dairy councils across the country are sharing their favorite holiday milk and cookie recipes. Whether you’re looking for a new recipe to share with Santa, or a fan favorite to take to a cookie exchange or holiday gathering, we’ve got you covered. With a variety of tastes, flavors and textures, there’s bound to be one that is perfect for all your holiday cookie needs.
Check out this roundup of #MilkandCookies recipes. We hope you enjoy them!
- Butter Yum Cookies – Butter really puts the "yum" in these fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
- White Chocolate Mint Whoopie Pies – These cookies from Oregon Dairy and Nutrition Council are just "mint" for the holiday season, with their festive white chocolate peppermint filling.
- Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps – From sugar to spice to everything nice, this ginger snaps cookie recipe from Midwest Dairy Council is sure to delight.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – You can't go wrong with good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies. This American Dairy Association North East recipe is best served with a cold glass of milk.
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies – Spread the cheer with these or any of the other four favorite cookie recipes from New England Dairy Council.
- Milk and Cookies Layered Cake – Smooth whipped cream frosting sandwiched between fudgy brownie cookies…Sign us up! Make this fun twist on “milk and cookies” yourself with Southeast United Dairy Industry Association’s layered cake recipe.
- Ice Cream Kolacky – What’s not to love about American Dairy Association Mideast’s recipe? They're made with ice cream.
- Our friends Florida Dairy Council couldn't choose their FAVORITE holiday cookie, so they've shared 12 cookie recipes with you this season.
- Need more inspiration? Check out Dairy Council of Utah and Nevada’s 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Our dairy farm families and those all across the country wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year!