Caprese Salad Skewers
- 24 grape or smaller cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried (cut to quarter size for small kids under 5)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls or fresh mozzarella cut into chunks
- 24 fresh basil leaves rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (I just drizzle mine from the bottle)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil(drizzled from the bottle is fine)
- 1 dash salt, kosher or ground sea salt is best
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Calcium: 0% DV
Sodium: 73 mg
To assemble the skewers; pick a pattern and add each ingredient one by one onto the skewer. If you want them like the picture, start with a piece of basil folded in half (you don't need to fold if it's an extra small leaf). Place the basil onto the sharp end of the skewer and push it to the top.
Next, add a piece of the fresh mozzarella in the same way. Then add a tomato. Repeat this pattern one more time for a completed skewer. Assemble the rest of the skewers this way and place them on your serving platter.
You can refrigerate your skewers at this point for up to 4 hours. Just cover them up loosely with some plastic wrap.
When you are ready to serve; drizzle the balsamic glaze and olive oil on top of the skewers. Then add a sprinkling (just a little) to the tops of the skewers. Now they are ready to enjoy.
Recipe provided by Sprinkle Some Fun