Cheesy Italian Chicken Pouches
- Cooking spray
- 3 small zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, approximately 8 tenders or chicken breasts, cut into 8 strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian-style cheese blend
- Cooked pasta, if desired
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, optional
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrate: 25 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg
Calcium: 17% DV
Sodium: 248 mg
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F. Cut 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil about 12x15 inches and coat with cooking spray. Equally divide the zucchini slices between the foil pieces. Place 2 chicken tenders on top of the zucchini slices, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Top each with equal amounts of marinara sauce, followed by equal amounts of cheese.
- Bring two sides of the foil together and fold down, then roll up the short ends and seal tightly so that the chicken steams inside the pouch while in the oven. Place the pouch on a rimmed baking sheet and repeat with remaining pouches.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Carefully open each pouch to allow steam to escape and peel back the foil. Sprinkle each pouch with additional cheese, if desired. Return to the oven until the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slide the pouches onto four dinner plates and serve with additional marinara sauce and cooked pasta, if desired.
Tips + Tricks:
Whether you’re camping, tailgating or feeding a hungry family, this foil pouch meal can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 10 hours before cooking.
Substitute small chicken breasts, Alfredo sauce or provolone cheese.