- 5 Hatch green chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken, cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 cups (24 ounces) Cheddar cheese, divided
Protein: 36 g
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Fiber: 3 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Calcium: 41% DV
Sodium: 1234 mg
In blender combine chiles, soups, garlic powder and salt; blend well. In large bowl combine the shredded chicken and blended mixture; set aside. Spray a 9x9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a saucepan heat oil on medium heat; dip tortillas to coat on both sides. Cover bottom of dish with 6 tortillas; top with half of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with half of cheese; repeat layers. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.
Note: If Hatch chiles are not available, Anaheim chiles may be used. A 2½ to 2¾-pound rotisserie chicken may be used to save time for cooking and shredding a fresh chicken.