- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups (1 pint) half and half
- 1 (8-inch) flour tortilla (cut into ½-inch squares)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- Tortilla Chips
Protein: 35 g
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Fat: 86 g
Saturated fat: 46 g
Cholesterol: 250 mg
Calcium: 170% DV
Sodium: 1576 mg
Remove sausage casing, if necessary. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well and crumble.
In a large microwaveable container, heat cream cheese in microwave for about 1 minute. Add the green chiles; microwave 30 seconds and stir. Add half and half and sausage; microwave about 3 minutes until warm and stir. Add flour tortilla and cheese; microwave 2 to 3 minutes stirring until cheese is melted. Continue heating in the microwave until warm.
Pour into a slow cooker to keep warm for serving. Serve with chips.