Lactose-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches with Peanuts
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Dr Pepper Cherry Dessert Topper**
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 quart lactose-free ice cream
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 59 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 57 mg
Calcium: 47% DV
Sodium: 243 mg
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Add egg and Dr Pepper Cherry Dessert Topper, mixing well.
- Scoop into 24 two-tablespoon balls about 1 ¼ inches in diameter. Place on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart as they will spread. Gently press the dough to slightly flatten.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes until light brown on edges and barely firm to the touch in the center. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Add a scoop of ice cream between 2 cookies. Sandwich all of the cookies and store in the freezer. To serve, roll the exposed ice cream in peanuts and serve.
Tips + Tricks:
**Dr Pepper Cherry Dessert Topper may be found with ice cream toppings. If you cannot find it, use 2 cups Dr Pepper Cherry. In a saucepan, bring it to a low boil and reduce it to ¼ cup, about 45 minutes. Cool completely.
- To be sensitive to peanut allergies, roll the sandwiches in peanuts to order. Other chopped nuts may be substituted.
Nutrition information calculated with lactose-free vanilla ice cream