Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
- 1 red onion, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded smoked Provolone or Cheddar Jack cheese
Protein: 18 g
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Fiber: 3 g
Total Fat: 18 g
Saturated fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Calcium: 30% DV
Sodium: 730 mg
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 15x10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
Arrange vegetables including garlic in a single layer on pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes until barely tender. Cut vegetables into cubes or slivers; peel and mash garlic. Mix together in a bowl; toss with cilantro or basil.
Sprinkle left side of each tortilla with half of cheese. Place vegetables evenly on top of cheese; top with remaining cheese. Fold right side of tortilla over to close and press on top to slightly flatten. Grill each quesadilla in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Cut each in half.
Note: To cook ahead, or when grilling outdoors, cook extra vegetables until lightly charred and barely tender. Refrigerate until needed. Change the flavor with the choice of herb.