- 4 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 4 ounces pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Protein: 44 g
Carbohydrate: 45 g
Fiber: 6 g
Total Fat: 51 g
Saturated Fat: 23 g
Cholesterol: 158 mg
Calcium: 83% DV
Sodium: 2,788 mg
For the nacho cheese:
- Place cheeses in a large saucepan and add milk and cornstarch.
- Set over low heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring every so often until mixture with all ingredients is melted and smooth.
- Stir in jalapeno juice until you’ve reached your desired thickness.
For the Texas chili:
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
For the pico de gallo:
- Combine ingredients.
For the ultimate nachos:
- Place tortilla chips on a plate, cover with Texas chili, nacho cheese and pico de gallo.
Recipe provided by Legends Hospitality and featured on Eat Like a Cowboy to benefit Fuel Up to Play 60. Donate now to help feed students in need.