Thursday, October 12, 2017
To celebrate dairy farmers today on October 12 – Farmers Day – we asked some of our Dairy MAX farmers to tell us what they love about farm life.
- “Do what you love to do, and be around things that make you smile. The cows make me smile every day.” – David Jackson, Bentwood Dairy
- “You get to sit down at the end of the day and you know that you got through it with your family.” – Wesley Fraze, Double T Dairy
- “Working with family makes what you do worthwhile, as you teach kids responsibility and the importance of life.” – John Devos, Fox Dairy
- “We are passionate about what we do. We love our cows and are happy to produce a healthy wholesome product like milk!” – Dale Jones, Jones Dairy Inc.
- “We raised our kids the best we could, doing what we loved to do. It was hard work, but we always time to smile and laugh.” – Thomas Meyer, M6 Dairy
- “I enjoyed every bit of it — the responsibility, the successes and dealing with everything that came up. There was a real sense of satisfaction in it.” – Bran McCoy, Refuge Dairy
- “Whether it's on the tractor or in the pasture with the cows, I just love being able to take my kids to work when I need to.” – Will Collier, T&K Dairy
- “it’s more than a job, it’s a way of life.” – Matt Ballou, Texico Jerseys
- “It feels good at the end of the day to know you made a product that other people are going to enjoy.” – Jericho Sanchez, Tres Hermanos Dairy
- “The farm is part of me.” – Erich Wehrenberg, Wehrenberg Farms