It’s officially summer, and you know what that means: it’s picnic season! Whether you’re poolside, at the park or spending the day at the beach, nothing beats having fun in the sun with a delicious spread of your favorite snacks. These super simple recipes will help make packing your basket a breeze.
2. Deviled eggs in a carton: Savory and satisfying, this protein-packed snack is sure to please, especially this southern twist with pimento cheese. Pro tip: Slice the eggs crosswise instead of lengthwise, so you can pack them in the egg carton and prevent tipping in transit.
3. Chips and dip: Whether it’s hummus, salsa or creamy avocado dip with pita, tortilla or pretzel chips, you can’t go wrong with this dynamic duo.
4. Mason jar parfaits: Parfaits are not only delicious and versatile, they’re also great on the go. Prepare them in 4-ounce Mason jars to make them easy to transport and serve.
5. Single-serve sweets: Satisfy your sweet tooth with hand-held desserts, like brownies or mini tarts, that can be stored at room temperature in zip-close bags. If you have room in the cooler, try these sopapilla cheesecake bars.
6. Milk and frozen fruit: What’s more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of milk? Use a thermos and frozen fruit as ice to keep it chilled before serving. Fruit won’t water down the milk like ice would, and it adds flavor – strawberry milk, anyone?
· Pick up pre-cut veggies and fruit to reduce prep time
· Use an insulated cooler and ice packs to keep your items cool
· Be sure to bring disposable utensils, plates, cups and napkins
· Grab a thick blanket to sit and enjoy your spread
· Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, insect repellent and hand sanitizer
Want more inspiration for the perfect picnic spread? Find more recipes.