On-the-Go Meal Box
2 ounces rotisserie chicken slices
1 ounce cheddar cheese slices, cut into star shapes
1 mini kabob with grapes, melon, strawberries
¼ cup premade hummus
¼ cup blanched sugar snap peas
3 multicolored mini bell peppers
5 mini rice cakes or pita triangles
Protein: 24 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Fiber: 6 g
Total Fat: 26 g
Saturated fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 68 mg
Calcium: 24% DV
Sodium: 1003 mg
- Fill each compartment of a Bento or lunch meal box with the various items.
- For ingredient ideas, think of variety and color – savory, sweet and crunchy foods!
- Include all the major food groups – protein, fruits, veggies, dairy and grains.
- Add a favorite dip, such as guacamole, salsa, hummus or nut butter!
- Separate crunchy ingredients from fruits and veggies to prevent sogginess.
- Use leftovers! Let your imagination go wild!
- Take short cuts with store-bought items like pasta salads, hard boiled eggs or stuffed grape leaves.
- Use fresh, canned and dried fruit as your sweet treat.
- Vary your proteins – cheeses, nut butter, leftover meat, edamame, roasted chickpeas or beef jerky.