Mason Jar Chef Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
4 quart-size, wide mouth mason jars
1 medium avocado, cut in half, peeled and pitted
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
⅓ – ½ cup chicken stock, depending on your preference for thickness
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons Italian parsley
3 tablespoons cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt, to taste
1 quart cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 large cucumbers, partially peeled and sliced
½ cup carrots, shredded or sliced
½ cup sliced red onion
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
4 slices colby jack cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
4 slices thinly sliced turkey, cut into ½-inch pieces
4 slices thin sliced ham, cut into ½-inch pieces
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Protein: 29 g
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Fiber: 7 g
Total Fat: 22 g
Saturated fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 250 mg
Calcium: 62% DV
Sodium: 739 mg
- For the dressing, place avocado and yogurt in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the chicken stock, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and lime juice and pulse until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Divide the ingredients among the mason jars, starting with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Then layer the vegetables, egg, cheese, turkey, and ham, ending with the lettuce on top – as much as you can squeeze into the jar.
- When ready to serve, shake the jar, unscrew the cap and pour the contents into a bowl. Lightly toss so the dressing is well distributed.
- Salads can refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Any glass jar will work if it has a wide opening.
Get creative with different salad combinations, ranch-type dressing, tomatoes, leftover rotisserie chicken, chickpeas, cucumbers and romaine lettuce!