Enjoy milk, cheese and yogurt as part of your heart-healthy DASH Eating Plan
DASH stands for “Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension.”
- Designed to prevent and reduce high blood pressure and provide all the nutrients your body needs
- Can also help prevent or control diabetes
- Recognized as one of the “top diets overall” for multiple years in a row by U.S. News & World Report5
- Includes dairy foods as a crucial component
More About DASH
Download the Quick Guide
Regular or low-fat dairy foods?
All cow's milk contains the same 13 essential nutrients, regardless of fat level.
A study revealed that including regular dairy foods (such as whole milk) in the DASH Eating Plan:6
- Had the same blood pressure–lowering results as low-fat dairy
- Positively lowered triglycerides and very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL cholesterol)
- Did not significantly increase LDL cholesterol
More About Whole-Fat Dairy
What about milk alternatives?
When it comes to nutritional value, not all milks are created equal. Compare cow’s milk and milk substitutes.