The Greeks invented all kinds of things. Maybe that’s why their yogurt is so darn versatile? But it goes way, way beyond parfaits and smoothies. Here are 10 delicious ways you can use a tub of plain Greek yogurt.
- Raspberry Orange Frozen Yogurt Bark – Use vanilla yogurt (or add honey and vanilla to plain yogurt), spoon it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with your favorite fruits and nuts before freezing.
- Cinnamon Fruit Topping – Mix yogurt with honey and cinnamon to taste – great for dipping fresh fruit or as a topping on baked fruit.
- Creamy Orange Ice Pops – Freeze equal parts yogurt and orange juice; use vanilla yogurt or add vanilla and honey to plain yogurt.
- Peanut Butter Dip – Mix yogurt with a few spoons of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey – so delicious as apple dip.
- Frozen Yogurt Squares – Throw 3 cups of yogurt, 2.5 cups of your favorite frozen fruit and 1 can of condensed milk into a blender until smooth. Sprinkle crunchy cereal at the bottom of an 8-by-8 baking pan, poor yogurt mix on top, then freeze.
- Orange Cream Dip – Mix half a cup of yogurt with a teaspoon of orange marmalade for another delicious fruit dip (actually this can work with any jam or jelly you have).
- No-Cook Cocoa Berry Tarts – Mix 1.5 cups yogurt and 1.5 cups ricotta cheese with a few spoons of sugar and cocoa powder. Pour into mini graham cracker pie crusts. Top with berries.
- Ranch Dip – Mix yogurt with a packet of dry ranch seasoning or make your own seasoning with parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme.
- Tzatziki Sauce – Mix 1 cup yogurt with 2 cloves garlic, some chopped cucumber and lemon juice, then add salt, pepper, mint and dill to taste. Great with chicken and falafel or just for dipping veggies.
- Spicy Salad Dressing – Mix equal parts yogurt and buttermilk, a few spoons of mayo and a dash or two of lemon juice, then add hot sauce, garlic salt and chives to taste. Great on salad or as a veggie dip.
Yogurt’s not just versatile; it’s healthy. Learn about probiotics in yogurt and what they do for your body.