Sweet summer time!
Summer is the perfect time to focus on nutrient-rich foods like low-fat dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Think about all that fresh produce right at your fingertips ... juicy berries, tart tomatoes, crisp cucumbers. Then you pair that with refreshing milk in a berry smoothie, cheese in a caprese salad or top a cucumber salad with yogurt and you notch up the nutrition just a kick. Even better, all of these are easy to make, easy on-the-go and easy on the taste buds!
Here's what I love to munch on in summer.
- Overnight Oats topped with sliced fruit and pecans
- Fruit Smoothie with whole grain toast and your favorite nut butter spread on top
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins and a glass of cold milk
- Harvest Veggie Pizza with fresh veggie sticks and Greek yogurt dressing to dip
- Salad in a Jar with cubed grilled chicken and loaded with your fav veg
- Avocado and Strawberry Grilled Cheese with chocolate milk
- Chicken Asparagus and Penne Pasta with Ricotta Cream Sauce with mixed berries on the side
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas with Yogurt Sauce and grilled bell peppers, onions and mushrooms
- Touchdown Taco Salad with lean ground beef and your favorite greens
- Cheese sticks
- Squeezable yogurts
- Fresh seasonal fruits like plums, peaches, and berries
If you’re feeling extra fancy and need something to cool off on long summer days, give these Frozen Yogurt Squares a try. Stay cool and stay healthy this summer, my friends!